Vlad salutes you

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Foggy Morning...Bewildered Dawnings



After a foggy start to the day ( which matched my befuddled mood and head) I was pleased to see the sun , not I am usually pleased to see sun of any kind! but this was at least the weak winter variety. The mothers friend was not at work today and so I could take my time and rise at my ease as there was no rush to get to the office! Luckily, also it being Tuesday the weak minded assistant did not have to go to work either so I breakfasted leisurely with the family at friends...whom I had to visit due to the fact they are still staying at the house of the lovely Lisa. On my return I found the mother rooting about in the garage and the father still fighting with the tiled drop down he has made for the Superior Water Closet....... He has been fighting a loosing battle for days now but is refusing to give in ...it will not beat him ( I have heard him attest to this several times and most forcibly I might add!!!) so he has battled on even when it has looked as if it might be the death of him!! I have of course offered my superior advice but as usual he has chosen to ignore me .....this is something I have noticed about human males you cannot tell them anything or offer any advice but it taken as either an insult or criticism......?
Well he took the mother out to lunch and so whilst they were out I sorted the problem for him ..being a very wise and old Vampire I was clever enough to let him think he had solved the problem. The mother then cooked a fruit cake to say WELL DONE to the father for fixing the problem, I had suggested that she do this subliminally as I am rather partial to her fruit cake and so far this evening I have been given two huge chunks!!
If you remember last night I was called away to see the Grandmother who is visiting old, old friends in Salem USA. I spent a pleasant evening with them cooking some abominable STEW IN A HUGE BLACK CAULDRON I spent most of the time searching for ingredients such as eye of newt , leg of frog have you any idea how hard it it is to find eye of newt these days.....well I am telling you now it nigh on impossible!! The worst was those old cronies of the Grandmother kept asking were my wings were ....thankfully I do not have any!!!Anyway after we had eaten we spent a pleasant evening and night terrorising the whole state!!
When I was leaving the Grandmother asked me to go and check how the grapes in the summer garden at the Castle in Transylvania were progressing ( that is one of the four season gardens at the Castle) ....She was looking forward to the first bottle of the year of our lovely red. Always the dutiful grandson I made it my business to return via the castle and look in on things ....I am glad to report that I found that the harvesting of the grapes was finished and the trampling (of said grapes ) had already begun. I , ever helpful joined in with the rest of the employees and have enclosed a photo of me Trampling the Crop!!The other photos are of Nigel ( AKA Nycol) who has borrowed my crown finishing off the Superior Water Closet for the father!
I must again be off as the Tzar and Nigel are accompanying me to the official wine tasting so it is up up and away to Transylvania ........................................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home